Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Should pregnat women diet??


Have you notice that ever since America went through an economy recession more and more people are having babies? Like the baby boom we had back in the 50's.
Well lately I've found myself shopping at BabiesRus more often. No I'm not pregnant, but I've been invited to four baby showers in less than two months.


Crazy ugh?... I'm only 24. I hope this is not telling me that I'm the next one hosting a baby shower. Well just in case, I suggest all women should know about pregnancy diets, so that post-pregnancy baby fat isn't so hard to get rid of.


There is not especial diet for pregnant women, but eating a healthy balanced diet that gives all the nutrients for your baby. For the first three months the diet should be high on in calcium, and for the rest of the pregnancy women need extra protein. foods high in protein.


Woman wrongly think that they have to eat for two, WRONG, According to the woman's hospital in Boston, pregnant woman should avoid eating for two since too much weight gain is linked with with complications at birth.


Here are some prenatal DONTS :
  1. Eating Unsafe foods. Like raw fish. Can be dangerous for the baby

  2. Skipping breakfast. Try a whole-grain English muffin with 2 teaspoon of nut butter, a banana and a glass of non-fat milk.

  3. Getting to much caffeine. Could make it hard for the fetus to metabolized.

  4. Satisfying carvings with wrong foods. Instead of a bowl of ice cream try a non-fat bowl of yogurt.

Missthinwallet says: Eating well is important, but when you are pregnant there is a little reason to take care of yourself... a beautiful baby growing inside you!!!


Love, missthinwallet

No comments:

Post a Comment