Monday, October 26, 2009

The South Beach Diet


When I think of diets, The “South Beach” one always pops up in my head, although, I've never been familiar with it, I often hear woman mention its great results. So here I'm sharing with you what’s so popular about this particular diet.


I visited The South Beach diet web page to find an answer, I encounter my self with a “gift” for beginners, which includes, a free weight loss plan: all you have to do is answer a few questions about you height, weight, age and body type, then they will calculate what kind of steps you need in order to reach your goal.
Great but I still didn’t know what The South Beach Diet is all about, so I kept looking and found that: South Beach Diet teaches a way of life where you rely on the right carbohydrates and fats. This new way of eating allows you to live contently without eating the bad carbohydrates and fats. In contrast, when a person eats bad carbohydrates and fats they feel hungrier, causing them to eat more, which causes weight gain. The diet promises an 8 to 13 pound weight loss in just two weeks!

There are basically three phases in SB Diet:


  1. First phase: You eat normal portion sizes, but all carbohydrate is restricted. This is the strictest phase in the diet and will last for two weeks. It emphasizes lean meats, such as chicken, turkey, fish, and shellfish. Low-Glycemic-index vegetables are allowed as well as low-fat cheese, nuts, and eggs. Dieters should expect to lose somewhere between 8 to 12 pounds.

  2. Second phase: Some of the banned foods are slowly introduced while weight loss continues to around 1 to 2 pounds per week. You should remain on it until you lost your desired amount of weight.

  3. Third Phase: It’s all about, maintenance and should be followed for life. It’s all about maintaining your desired weight with a healthy balanced diet. Should your weight begin to climb, simply return to the first phase.


In addition to all the steps to follow, The Diet offers you over 80 collection recipes to give the daily diet some variety, and a food list of Do’s and Don’ts.


My favorite recipe is Balsamic Portobello Mushrooms. Look it up.


missthinwallet: I say, after trying almost every diet out there, why not give this one a chance. you may be surprise with the results.


Love, Missthinwallet

No comments:

Post a Comment